The Curriculum Grant program is designed to encourage, support and enable creative and innovative educational initiatives by the Wilmington Public Schools. Each of the eight schools in Wilmington has the opportunity to apply for a Curriculum Grant, which should enhance community building and collaborative educational programs and promote innovation in learning and teaching.
Each applicant (WPS Curriculum Leader) has an opportunity to apply for Curriculum Grants to support or foster:
- Strategic programs or initiatives targeted to address a unique curriculum situation or need in the school community.
- The purchase of materials, equipment and technology necessary to enable clearly defined educational initiatives
- Professional development activities that will have immediate classroom applications. These may include conference and educational collaboration activities for faculty and staff.
WEF funded programs should enhance, but not duplicate, the standard WPS curriculum. WEF Curriculum Grants do not underwrite basic school needs and may not be used for:
- Program/activities that should be funded by the WPS budget
- Field trips or transportation
- Classroom libraries
- Regular curriculum development
Applications for continued funding of successful proposals will be considered on a case-by-case basis. It is encouraged that successful projects expand on the theme and that the project be replicated, as appropriate.
WEF Grant Evaluation Criteria/Questions
- Does the proposal clearly describe the goals, outcomes and intended benefits for the school community?
- Is this a creative and innovative curriculum-based project in teaching and/or learning?
- Does the project compliment the curriculum goals of the WPS?
- Will the project benefit large numbers of students?
- Is the project suitable for replication in the school system?
- Does the proposal present a clear and detailed description of how the funds will be used?
- Does the proposal include a plan for sharing the outcomes of the project with other Wilmington schools?
Download the 2022 Curriculum Grant Application
Curriculum Grant Application Page